Sunday, May 4, 2008

My First Disaster

Today is a sad day. While my husband is at the baseball game with his mom, I decided to try and make the cupcake pops that I saw on Bakerella's blog. I watched the video from the Martha Stewart Show (hilarious I might add, I didn't know that Martha was the kind of woman to describe a food as "turd-like") and then I got on to baking. I didn't have any boxed cake mixes in the kitchen, I am a purist remember, so I grabbed my trusty Luscious Chocolate Desserts book and made the simple chocolate cake from there. Everything went fine, I had to cook it about 15 minutes longer because I used a different pan, but when it came out to the final removal... disaster. I DROPPED THE PAN! This was my first kitchen disaster, and thankfully only my salivating dog, Rally, was there to witness my humiliation. Awful, I know. I wasn't about to let all of that go to waste though. I carefully salvaged most of the cake and threw it back in the pan. Luckily the cake was going to be destroyed and crumbled into oblivion anyway, otherwise, I would have cried. I actually did cry because I got a wicked burn on the underside of my left arm. It is a wonderful shade of rosy pink right now. Long story short, the disaster is sitting on the kitchen counter cooling right beside my cream cheese frosting that will be mixed with it later. Sad, I know. When I finish I will post pictures of the final product to remind me of my first disaster.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels