Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mehhhh.....



Despite my burnt arm and my half destroyed chocolate cake I decided to go ahead and proceed with the cupcake pops. I'm not impressed, with myself that is. I don't know, maybe I just suck at dipping stuff into stuff, but I just don't like the way that mine turned out. In fact, they pretty much suck in my opinion. They got all drippy, I dropped like 4 of them, and they aren't all cute and cupcake shaped. They look more like deformed toadstools from Mario instead. Whatever, I tried it right? I was planning on making these for Mother's Day to give to my mom and my husband's mom until I remembered that my mom is doing the crazy no-carb thing (it works great for her) and my husband's mom will take a bite to be polite but not eat the rest (sometimes I think she doesn't like sugar). Maybe someday I may forget how frustrated I got doing these and I will make them again. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures of my short bus version of Cupcake Pops.



Final Verdict: I am not impressed. Maybe it is because of all of my frustration that went into making these, but I am just not thrilled with my results. If I were to give advice with this though, it would be to overbake the cake. You add two cups of frosting to the cake, so you might as well make the cake drier if you can, otherwise the inside may be a bit too gooey. Not dropping the cake on the floor is also good advice too, this I know from experience. Maybe one day someone will want to make them WITH me, and it won't be so time consuming and frustrating. Then, maybe then, I can give these little cupcake pops of terror a fighting chance.


1 comment:

Beckums said...

whatever they were GOOD!

I Got Your Crazy

Labels