Wednesday, August 13, 2008

TWD: Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream

Sorry for the late post, but I just started a new job at a school and I have been taking care of registration there. I have no idea what I am doing, but I am picking it up a little at a time. It's just crazy swamped and I come home much happier than I did at my other crappy job, but it's been a bit exhausted.

I was pretty excited to make this recipe this week. Target had blueberries on sale so I picked up a bunch, and sour cream is always cheap, so it was nice to have a cheap recipe to make. When I was blending everything together in the blender (only like the 3rd time I've used it since we got married) I tasted a little bit of it and spit it out. I really thought this was disgusting. I mean this as no offense to Dolores of Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity, because I was really excited to try this, but really, without the extra cup of sugar that I added to it, I think it was nasty.

Bottom line, I don't like sour cream so this wasn't a sweet enough recipe for me. Glenn liked it a lot, so that is good I suppose. This week's TWD in one word: sour

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I know it's not any consolation, but the ice cream looks really great!

Jules Someone said...

Wasn't my favorite either. But pretty!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Ha Ha! I don't like sour cream either. My ice cream maker was missing so I baked a rewind. When I make this recipe I will adjust the sour cream right out, I think! I love the way your ice cream looks in that orange bowl.
Nancy
The Dogs Eat the Crumbs

I Got Your Crazy

Labels