Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Searching For My Lost Shaker of Salt... Salt.... Salt

I don't know what it is that is going on at our house, but we are now on Round 2 of Drunken Cupcakes. We asked our friend Calogero what his favorite drink was and he said Margaritas. Since it was his birthday last weekend, I decided to make him Margarita Cupcakes. You know what? There are no good recipes out there for Margarita Cupcakes! At least in my opinion. I wanted something that tasted like a margarita, not something that had the essence of margaritas (and I mean a citrusy flavor as opposed to tequila). I ended up making up my own recipe.

How did that go? Let's just say everyone is very happy. Calogero loved them. Glenn loves them. Glenn's coworkers love them, and I already have a few of my new coworkers requesting I bring them some. After I did so, I was told that I am officially "in." This was probably my most adventurous baking endeavor yet. I was really proud of myself. I don't really feel like typing up the whole recipe, but if you want it, just drop me a line and I will eventually get around to getting it to you.

By the way, this is definitely an ADULT cupcake. They are quite alcoholic but are a great dessert for any adult gathering. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Sarah Rambles said...

i've been reading your blog for a while now and I have LOVED seeing what you've made.

these cupcakes look wonderful and i HAVE to have the recipe. My father's 50th birthday is coming up and his favorite drink is margarita's. so yeah... I want to make these for him. He would love it!

Thanks in advance!!!

I Got Your Crazy

Labels