Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Worst. Recipe. Name. Ever.


I bought a container of buttermilk so I could make the Blueberry Crumb Cake the other day, and I am now left with entirely too much buttermilk. Unfortunately, the diversity of recipes including buttermilk is pretty much pancakes, waffles, and biscuits. Then lo and behold, I found this recipe for Molten Buttermilk Brownie Goo (seriously disgusting sounding, but quite descriptive) and decided to make it.

I found it on grouprecipes which is a really cool site and I recommend checking it out if you haven't already. It was really easy to make because instead of following the recipe, I just dumped everything together and stirred it. I've never made a dessert quite like this before, so I thought it was really weird pouring something the consistency of water over the thicker batter. I also found it easier to just double the recipe and put it in an 8 x 8 pan since I have no idea what a quart sized pan looks like.

3 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Holy crap! I wouldn't say it's the worst name ever. It makes me think of gooey chocolate HEAVEN! YUM!!

Yes we do have a Borders somewhere around here... $8?? Dang! I wish I would've known sooner! I think I paid like $11-something for it on Amazon.

Michelle Dargen said...

Mmmm, gooey, gooey, gooey...Those look fantastic! I do love brownies.

You are like me in the kitchen. We are McGyver's of the kitchen!!

Unknown said...

They look quite yummy! Love your blog, BTW!

I Got Your Crazy

Labels