Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mmmm Mmmm Good

I love PB&C so much that I could never possibly put into words the extent to which that love radiates. Dramatic, yes. Over-exaggerating, no. Anyway, as I was browsing Amy's blog, South In Your Mouth (I will never look at that blog name and not giggle) and I found a work of art. Amy calls it a rut, but I call it delicious.

This lovely dessert consists of a cookie crust bottom, a cream cheese peanut butter layer, followed by some yummy Reese's Cups, topped with a fluffy chocolate pudding, and finally adorned with more crushed cookies. Well I decided to change things up a bit for a couple reasons. My first was that Glenn and I hate Oreo's and even more so when they are in crust form. I asked him to pick some cookies when we were in the cookie aisle at Target, and since the Sausalitos were too pricey, he settled on Market Pantry chocolate chip cookies (the crunchy kind). Good choice love. The second alteration was due to a mistake on my part. I forgot that Cool Whip comes in two sizes and silly me, I bought the small one. Thus, my dessert was a little less fluffy in parts, but in my opinion, that made it better. Here is my version of the Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert:

24 chocolate chip cookies (the crunchy kind)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
20 miniature Reese's Cups
1 cup cold milk
1 3.9 oz package instant fudge pudding

Crush 18 of the cookies into fine crumbs and combine with melted butter until it holds shape when pressed together. Press into an ungreased 8 x 8 pan.

Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar in a bowl until very smooth. Gently fold in 1/3 of the Cool Whip. Spread evenly over the crust.

Chop 15 of the Reese's Cups and sprinkle over the peanut butter layer.

Beat the milk, pudding mix, and powdered sugar in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the remaining 2/3 of the Cool Whip. Spread over the peanut butter layer and candy layer.

Top the dessert with the remaining cookies and candy all chopped up or left whole, however you please.

Enjoy! I know we did.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels