Saturday, July 5, 2008

What They Say Is True

After seeing a few too many TWD (Tuesdays with Dorie) posts and only getting to participate in one challenge a month from DB, I decided that I too needed to belong to the TWD group. Anyway, when Glenn and I were at Borders a week or so ago buying an EReader to occupy us on the trip to Boston, I saw the Baking From My Home to Yours cookbook by Dorie Greenspan on sale for only $8! Wow! It's normally $40 so it was quite a steal. After some convincing, I got Glenn to go and get it for me since I am stuck at work and Glenn is on summer break.

I haven't started TWD yet, but I have practically read the entire 500 or so page book with great enthusiasm. I have mentally devoured each and every recipe in the book, but I found one that interested me in particular. It's a little out of my normal repetoire, but it is now a wonderful new addition. The blueberry crumb cake looked absolutely fabulous to me, so I decided to try it. We had recently made a trip to Target, where the berries were on sale for $2.99 a pint, so I bought some raspberries. A couple days passed, and before I was able to make this, my raspberries had molded. Boo! Off to Target we went again and this time raspberries were no longer on sale, so I stuck with what the recipe called for and I hauled out of there with a pint of blueberries. Aside from the fact that I turned off the oven timer for some reason and had to guess the amount of time left on the crumb cake, this turned out FANTASTIC! It was perfectly moist, just sweet enough, and the crumb topping was ridiculously good. I seriously suggest buying this book, it has too much good stuff to pass up.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels