Sunday, November 23, 2008

Muffins for My Stud Muffin

A long time ago I found this chocolate lovers cookbook for $5 at Borders. Of course I bought it. After going through it in the car, I decided it definitely wasn't worth any more than what I paid for it. One recipe did catch my eye, combining two of my favorite things, Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I made the muffins, I ate the muffins, and I did not like the muffins. They were too bland, not sweet enough, and they just gunked up my palate. There was a positive though, because Glenn liked them. He actually liked them a lot and he still thinks to this day that I am absolutely crazy because I think these muffins are awful.

Now you definitely want to try them don't you? These will certainly appeal to some people. I have a serious sweet tooth, and the sweeter it is, the better it is for breakfast. These are hearty and dense muffins, so be prepared.

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Muffin Cakes

2 C self rising flour
1/3 C raw sugar
1 1/2 C dark chocolate bits
1 egg
1 C crunchy peanut butter
2 T strawberry jam
1/4 C (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3/4 C milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.

Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir raw sugar and chocolate bits into the flour until combined.

In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, melted butter, milk, jam, and peanut butter. Mix thoroughly.

Make a well in the center of the bowl with the flour and pour in the liquid mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything together until combined. Be careful not to overmix or muffins will be very tough.

Scoop equal portions of dough into the muffin cups. The recipe makes enough for 12 muffins. The cups can be filled completely to the top as this is a very sturdy muffin and will not spill over.

For a nice crunch, I like to sprinkle raw sugar over the tops of the muffins and lightly press down.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

TeaLady said...

PB and choco chips. How can you beat that. I am always on the look for a muffin recipe. Will try this one. Thanks.

I Got Your Crazy

Labels