Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween... A Few Days Late


I have no idea what is happening to me, but I am so overwhelmed with pretty much everything at the moment. I am waaayyyyy behind in blogging! Anyway, I made Halloween sugar cookies the day before Halloween. They are my absolute favorite recipe in the entire world. They are soft, light, just sweet enough, and thick. Yum. I hesitate sharing it because I would hate if someone defiled my mom's delicious recipe. I will be a good blogger though, and share it with you. Proceed with caution.



Mom's Sugar Cookies


(1)
1 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 C sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

(2)
4 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Frosting
3 C powdered sugar
1/3 C very soft butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix all of (1) together in a large bowl. Add all of (2) gradually. Refrigerate dough for an hour or 2. Roll out dough very thick, about 1/4 inch, and cut into shapes. Bake for 8-11 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Mix all frosting ingredients until very smooth. Frost and decorate cooled cookies.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels