Monday, October 13, 2008

Playoffs Make Me Hungry

It's true. The playoffs for baseball just seem to go hand in hand with eating. We spent a good couple hours at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the Rays game (woot woot they won! series at 2-1 Rays) and then we hurried home to watch the Dodgers play the Phillies. I had to make something. I really wanted something sweet and I didn't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen so I made cake mix cookies. Definitely a cop-out when it comes to baking, but when you don't have a lot of time or a lot of things in the pantry, these are definitely a sweet tooth satisfier.

They only take a couple minutes to throw together but that still was two minutes too long for Glenn. He insisted that I wear the Manny Ramirez shirt of his that I wore last night, along with the same underwear! Apparently though, I was taking too long in the kitchen and the Phillies scored a run. He blames it on me. To be fair, as soon as I got upstairs they made a double play. Maybe it is me. Superstition and baseball are two peas in a pod. Glenn even shaved his beard yesterday, and they finally won, so of course that means we have to do as much as possible to recreate yesterday. I love it, even with all its ridiculousness, because that is part of what makes October so wonderful.

Back to the sweets... these are simple, quick, and tasty. Pretty they are not. Just make em' if you need a quick sweet fix.

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix (any flavor you want)
1/2 C oil
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix cake mix, oil and eggs together.
Spoon onto a cookie sheet about an inch or so apart.
Bake for 8-12 minutes.

1 comment:

cakewardrobe said...

Sometimes you just need to compromise with what you have and the time you have! Great quick fix!

I Got Your Crazy

Labels