Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to Some Normal Baking... For Now

The Cupcake World Series has been taking up a huge chunk of my time lately, so much so, that even Glenn has helped me on a few occasions with making, baking, and/or decorating cupcakes. What a good guy! It's nice that he has a bit more interest in my baking now that it is almost entirely baseball-centric. It's just more fun when you have someone else in the kitchen.

In none Cupcake World Series news, I actually had a chance to bake something completely unrelated. Well, that's actually not true. The cookies I baked tonight were the inspiration for that cupcakes for the Tampa Bay Rays. A long time ago I made these really yummy cookies with Tang in them that kind of mimicked Creamsicles. What's not to like about that? Since I still had Tang in the cupboard from the cupcakes I made last week and a cup or so of white chocolate chips, I had everything on hand to make these tangy cookies.

Creamsicle Cookies


1/2 C butter at room temperature
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C Tang (you can use any drink mix flavor as long as it is presweetened)
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 C all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 C white baking chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add Tang and sugar.
Beat in the egg until incorporated, then add the vanilla extract.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Slowly mix in to the dough.
Stir in the white baking chips by hand.
Scoop by heaping tablespoons (I find it easiest to use a small cookie scoop) and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 12-16 minutes depending on how chewy or crunchy you want the cookies. I like mine chewy with a crunch on the outside and 15 minutes accomplished that.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels