Sunday, June 29, 2008

Scotchie Scotchie Scotch

No, not the drink, but butterscotch. Yum. I actually made these cookies before we left for Boston, but I haven't gotten around to uploading the photos and actually making this post. June has been a busy month for me, a couple trips, a one year anniversary, and let's not forget a grueling Daring Bakers challenge. It may have been a busy month, but it has been a fun month for sure.

Along with the Blondies I attempted to make earlier this month, I was in a butterscotch mood and wanted some cookies to eat at the baseball game so I made some Oatmeal Scotchies. This recipe came from my best friend's mother and it is very tasty. If you like your oatmeal cookies chewy I suggest you bake these at the minimum time and take them out despite what they look like. They last a little longer that way anyway. Enjoy!

Oatmeal Scotchies

1 1/4 cup unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cup coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.

Cream butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.

Mix flour mixture into creamed mixture gradually.

Stir in oatmeal, coconut, and chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 7-10 minutes and let cool.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels