Sunday, June 8, 2008

My First...


Well, it sure has been a while, or it at least feels that way. We left for Seattle at the end of May so I didn't make anything the couple days prior because I didn't want anything to go bad while we were gone. When we got back I was exhausted and preparing for this month's DB challenge, so I didn't do much else in the kitchen. I didn't do much except for make my very first cake, a layer cake. Woohoo!

I saw the post on Bakerella's blog, showed it to Glenn through GTalk and he said "Yes Please" so we went to the store after work and picked up what I didn't have. I proceed to make it, a pain in the butt I decide, and then we taste it. It needs more oil. Maybe a little less baking time too. It wasn't bad, the flavor is fantastic, but it's just a bit dry for our taste, although it did moisten up a good bit after sitting in the fridge overnight. A good cake that I suggest trying out.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels