Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sad Sad Sunday


I've been lusting after a particular recipe for a week or so now, but I have been holding back from making it because it is really something that Glenn won't eat. Blondies... they have both white "chocolate" and butterscotch, neither of which Glenn ever eats. In a compromise though, I made him some mint chip ice cream, because I won't eat it, and in exchange I got to make stuff he won't eat. The picture that got me lusting after these beautiful blondes was on South in Your Mouth's blog. Unfortunately though, something didn't go my way today and they just wouldn't bake all the way through. They browned WAY too quickly and the inside was still goo. It was very tasty goo, but it was still goo. Anyway, next time I am just spreading it out in a 13 x 9 pan instead of a 9 x 9. I never have luck with squares anyway. I am almost positive they will come out perfect next time. There WILL be a next time. The flavor of these blondies was way too delicious to not put the effort into perfecting.

And then...


Next sad story is about my love of Flax Seeds. They are super healthy little buggers and 3 Tablespoon of them gives you a ridiculous amount of nutrients and they taste great mixed in with yogurt. I found a recipe a while back for Flax Seed Wheat Bread that looked and sounded particularly tasty. I even got a cute little kitchen scale so I could follow this recipe exactly. I made it today, and well, it wasn't. Entirely too crusty. Maybe it is supposed to be that way, but it seemed too hard and dense for it to have turned out properly. I don't know what I did. I think I will just find a recipe for some tasty wheat sandwich bread and throw some flax seeds in there next time. Oh well, we cannot all be perfect and I only learn from my mistakes. After a considerable amount of pouting to myself at least.


P.S. Forgive me for the crappy pictures, but I wasn't going to bother taking good photos of my disappointments.

Update: Glenn is eating the Blondies as much as I am! Silly boy, pretends he doesn't like white "chocolate" and butterscotch. I can't complain too much though because at least I feel better knowing that I did not devour the pan all by my lonesome.

1 comment:

Amy said...

My blondies were a little gooey in the center, too, but I also used a weird sized pan... I think a thinner layer in a 13x9 pan would work better. But, aren't they delicious??? Yum!

I Got Your Crazy

Labels