Thursday, September 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!

Hooray for today! It's my lover's Birthday! Today Glenn turns 26, what an old man, especially since I'm not even 22 yet! I'm just kidding of course, he's still got a few more years before the big 3-0 comes around. Sorry sorry, I just can't help it.

For his birthday, Glenn requested that I FINALLY make the Seattle Mariner Mousse Cupcakes that he's been dying to try. Those were actually the first "baseball cupcakes" that he came up with. What else could I do but oblige him?

These cupcakes are a fudge cupcake with added chopped up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. The frosting is a light and fluffy chocolate mousse, and I added a little something extra special. I made moose ears! Well, not ears, but antlers, and they are SO CUTE! They were really fun to make and I am really proud of myself. After all, I did have to make these a little "extra special" since they are doubling as Baseball Cupcakes and Birthday Cupcakes.

The recipe can be found here. These are very much like brownies as opposed to cupcakes, so don't be startled by the thickness of the batter or the denseness of the cupcakes when they are done.

In any event, Happy Birthday Lover! I hope that today is absolutely wonderful. I am so blessed to be part of your life (especially as your wife!) I love you forever!

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels