Sunday, December 7, 2008

Granola Does A Body Good

Granola is typically good for you. Not the kind that I like though. I like the sweet crap. The sweeter the better. Fresh and Easy has really good granola, but I was in the mood for something really sweet and satisfying for my ever constant sweet tooth. I had bookmarked a recipe for cocoa coconut granola that sounded really tasty to me, but I didn't have all the ingredients. Instead, I was inspired to create my own, thus spawning my wildly unhealthy but oh so tasty personal blend of granola. Behold, I present you with Peanut Butter Chocolate Coconut Granola (with white chocolate chips sprinkled in) That's a mouthful. Let's just call it Super PBCC Granola.

Super PBCC Granola
note: this could probably use a little bit more honey, but I was running low as it is; also, feel free to raise the oven temperature to get crispier granola faster (I think i overbaked some parts of my granola, but it is still super yummy)

(1)
3 C rolled oats (the fat kind, not the instant crumbly looking stuff)
1 C rice krispies
1 C corn flakes (break them up a little bit)
1 C coconut (sweetened is better)
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

(2)
1/3 C honey
2 T vegetable oil
2 T butter
2/3 C chocolate chips
1/2 C peanut butter

2/3 C white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a large baking pan (it needs to have a lip around all the edges) Combine all of (1) in a large bowl until well mixed. In a small saucepan combine all of (2) and heat over low heat until it is very warm. When mixture is warmed, drizzle over dry ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine. I used my hands to do this, it seemed easier. Spread evenly over baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring at 15 minute intervals. Allow granola to cool until it is slightly warm. Stir in white chocolate chips and then finish cooling in a refrigerator.

No comments:

I Got Your Crazy

Labels